Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Delicious and Library Thing

So I am trying out this 'Delicious' website. Personally it doesnt help me I normally save everything into favourites so I can access from all the work computers (at one of my workplaces). I dont normally have many websites I use except for facebook and hotmail, so i dont really have the need to tag websites. The websites I use are accessable anywhere I go. And if I go onto white/yellow pages and need some infor, I just send it to my phone rather than saving a whole website for a couple of shop details.
But I can see how tagging can be so very useful for other people who are researching. I have tagged some websites just to give it a shot. I hope I did it right.
http://www.delicious.com/kkisblonde


Well I dont like to read, I think there are many other things that are more exciting for me to do. I just get bored very easily. But as apart of this course I had to make one up!. If there was one for DVD's then heck yeah there wouldnt be enough room for me to have all my favourite movies!! So I added a widget to my blog. It has some classics which I used to love to read like the little golden books (cinderella). I remember that my mum had pretty much collected the whole series. I also added some goosebumps books. I collected the whole series myself. I loved the books where I got to choose my own path. Sometimes I used to cheat and bookmark the previous page incase the path I chose ended the story, I wanted to see how long I could make it last :P And of course where's wally!! He is a legend. Even now if there is a quiet time on the desk and a where's wally book has been returned, I will try and find wally. I think it was much easier when I was a kid.

11 comments:

  1. I can see why people doing research prefer delicious. And yes, there are toooo many things to do that are more exciting in life than tagging what you propose to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand what you mean by adding your bookmarks to favourites so you can access them from any computer. You will have to show me what you mean, because I thought favourites only saved the bookmarks at the specific computer you are saving them on. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think Gos computers do this, but the ones at south perth do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciated what Delicious had to offer but would not use Library Thing for my own personal use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate what both of these sites could be used for, but don't think I would use either of them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey KK great chocolate balls. The THO guys want some and where's the recipe.
    JT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks JT :). I will photocopy the recipe for them and send it to you and whoever then can photocopy if afterwards. Did they all try some?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree about Delicious. I can see the uses but I don't really need to use it at the moment myself.

    On the subject of delicious I have to concur with JT about the yumminess of the Krystel Balls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The second lot of Krystel Balls were also yummy. They appeared on the table when you were not around. ??????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I wanted to make something for JW for his good bye morning tea. I dropped them in on the way to work. But the second lot I mixed choc and white choc cake together

    ReplyDelete