Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Never heard off.........Geocaching

I was like what is Geocaching. I checked out the website and seen that there were a few locations near where I live. But it took me a while to figure out why people trust these other people potting the course and how would you know it the "treasure" has already been collected. But then I had talked to "Gentle Giant" who I work with and he explained that his parents often do Geocaching. They had travelled around Australia and frequently looked on the internet for locations near to where they were travelling. They really quite enjoy it. I think that I am going to have to really research it to answer all my questions, but I am glad I now know what it is, you really do learn something new everyday! Personally I dont have time to go out and about, but maybe one day I will try it out!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten to the Geocaching bit of the training yet. But for the little I DO know, it certainly sounds interesting. What I don't understand, though, is how do you know if the "treasure" is still there? Like, how up-to-date are these geocaching sites? I should probably go through the training ... the answers may very well be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the treasures are there. Sometimes they aren't. It all depends on the person/people that got to it before you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading everyone's comments I am starting to get a better idea of what Geocaching is but it is not something I would be interested in doing.

    ReplyDelete